Investigative Committee Conducts Investigation Into Death Of Roman Bondarenko

The Investigative Committee is investigating the circumstances of the death of 31-year-old Roman Bondarenko, the press service of the department reports.

“According to the investigation, on 11 November, the police received a message that a fight broke out in a courtyard of a house on Chervyakova Street in Minsk between aggressive locals who were hanging ribbons and those taking them off,” the message says.

The Investigative Committee reported that police officers arriving at the scene “found a man with bodily injuries and signs of alcohol intoxication.” The Minsk resident was taken to the Central District Department of Internal Affairs of Minsk to determine the circumstances.

“Due to deteriorating health of the man, law enforcement officers called him an ambulance. A Minsker was examined by doctors, after which he was hospitalized, where during the initial examination, along with bodily injuries, he was diagnosed with alcohol intoxication. The next day, despite the care received, the man died,” reads the statement.

To determine the exact cause of death, a forensic medical examination was ordered, the necessary medical documentation was seized, videos published on the internet are analyzed. The Investigative Committee is conducting investigation.

The videos below show an incident in the yard.

Recall that Roman Bondarenko, an active resident of the “courtyard of changes”, went out into the courtyard in the evening of 11 November, when unknown persons in masks arrived to cut off white-red-white ribbons hanging on a fence. At some point a fight ensued.

Eyewitnesses say that Roman was pushed and hit his head. Then the man was bundled in a minibus and taken away. An hour and a half later, he was taken to an emergency hospital with cerebral edema. The young man was in critical condition all day. In the evening, he passed away.

Suddenly, the evening in support of battered Roman Bondarenko at Changes Square turned into the evening in his memory. For more than five hours people people kept coming from all over the city to the courtyard on Chervyakova street-Smorgovsky tract, and were there until midnight.

Source: TUT.BY