The government of Belarus has introduced measures to prevent the importation and spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus in the country, the press service of the Council of Ministers reports.
People arriving from at-risk countries and long-haul drivers who fail to observe these requirements will be punished by the law.
People who arrive in Belarus from the countries where coronavirus cases were reported should:
- observe 14-day self-isolation at home,
- they won’t be allowed to leave Belarus until the self-isolation period is over.
However, these measures won’t apply to:
- foreign nationals transiting thorugh Belarus to their home country,
- members of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign states in Belarus and non-resident staff accredited in other countries. Besides, exemption extends to employees (and their family members) of international companies and their offices in Belarus,
- heads and members of official delegations,
- interstate long-haul drivers,
- flight crews, crews of inland vessels and train crews.
The list of the countries with confirmed coronavirus cases is available on the official website of the Healthcare Ministry. The border guards hand in questionnaires to arrivals to fill in, after which are submitted to public health officials.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will inform other states about the adoption of this resolution. The document comes in effect after its official publication on the national legal portal law.by.