The European Commission decided to increase the visa fee to €80. This is due to the development of amendments to the EU visa regulations to facilitate entry into the Schengen area.
Simpler, faster and more secure!
On the one hand, the visa code updates is expected to make it easier foк travellers to obtain a visa to come to Europe, facilitating tourism, trade and business.
While on the other hand it is to strengthen security and mitigate irregular migration risks.
What is to expect?
1. The procedure for completing and submitting an application is planned to be made completely electronic.
2. The decision making time for visa applications will be reduced from 15 to 10 days.
3. Travellers will be able to submit their applications up to 6 months in advance of their trip, instead of the current 3 months.
4. A possibility to get a short-term single-entry visas at external borders is a good option for those who love spontaneous trips.
Such visas will be valid for a stay of a maximum of 7 days in the issuing member state only.
5. Multiple entry visas with longer validity will be issued to trusted regular travellers with a positive visa history for a gradually increasing period from 1 up to 5 years.
6. A increase of the visa fee from €60 to €80 will be introduced.
It is meant to maintain adequate levels of consular staff worldwide to ensure stronger security screenings, the upgrading of IT equipment and software.
Recall that 3 months ago the representatives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs promised Belarusians that visas will cost only €35.