Today is Defender of the Fatherland Day in Belarus! Officially, the holiday celebrates people who serve or served the country’s Armed Forces.
But nationally the holiday became the celebration of men as a whole, acting as a counterpart of International Women’s Day on March 8.
BelarusFeed decided to draw a portrait of the average Belarusian man using a combination of recent data from the National Statistical Committee of Belarus, the World Health Organization, and the United Nations.
Belarusian man, who is he?
1. An average Belarusian man is 37 years old.
2. His name is most most likely to be Alyaksander, Andrey, Siarhei, Uladzimir or Viktar.
3. Alyaksander lives in Minsk and works in agriculture, construction, industry or transport.
4. Unlike his female colleagues, he does not necessarily possess a higher education diploma.
Read also: 9 sweet facts about Belarusian women
5. He is going to marry and create a family at 27.
6. As for his salary, the National Statistical Committee of Belarus didn’t reveal a pay gap between men and women.
7. A Belarusian breadwinner receives $426 a month on the average.
8. He most likely speaks the Russian language and formally belongs to the Russian Orthodox church.
9. In the latest presidential election he voted for Aleksander Lukashenka.
10. What concerns his family budget, he saves a few Belarusian rubles by buying the cheapest petrol in Europe.
11. 39% of his expenses – food, his daily bills most probably include alcohol.
12. He eats 274kg of dairy products, 88kg of veggies, 76kg meat, 65kg of fruits and 64kg of potatoes a year.
13. He will pass away at 69 of a heart disease. The life of his spouse will end 10 years later.