Belarus took the 72nd place in the 2018 Best Countries report, a rankings and analysis project by U.S. News & World Report.
Belarus is one of the best countries in the world!
The ranking evaluate 80 countries accessing economic influence and power to citizenship and quality of life, to capture how nations are perceived on a global scale.
Key findings in the 2018 Best Countries Report:
- The leader of the list is Switzerland, which is followed Canada and Germany taking the third place;
- The countries with more progressive social and environmental policies dominate the overall rankings;
- The UK, Japan, Sweden, Australia, the US, France, the Netherlands hit top ten;
- All Belarus neighbours have a higher postion. Russia is on the 26th place, Poland – on the 32nd, Latvia – on the 59th, Ukraine –on the 69th;
- Lithuania didn’t get in the list of the best countries in 2018.
U.S. News & World Report is a global digital news and information company that empowers people to make better, more informed decisions about important issues affecting their lives.
Focusing on education, health, personal finance, travel, cars and news & opinion, USNews.com provides consumer advice, rankings, news and analysis.
Read also: Belarus’ GDP grows by 2.4% in 2017
Recall that Belarus made it to the list of the 50 cheapest countries to which Americans could move to, live in and retire, according to GOBankingRates.
Besides, Minsk was named as one of the cities where one can comfortably live on less than £600 a month.
Meanwhile our country remains in the list of top three countries with the lowest average purchasing power in Europe.